CEO Message: December 2019
As the year comes to a close, I’d like to wish each and every one of you a happy holiday season. May you enjoy this special time with your friends and family and relax, rejuvenate and celebrate the close of a meaningful year. We accomplished a lot this year through amazing teamwork and dedication, and we have continued to achieve high patient satisfaction and quality scores, consistently ranking NEMG in the 96th percentile among outpatient medical practices nationally.
It was also a busy year for community outreach activities. The Diversity and Inclusion Council and the Community Outreach Committee (COC) remained dedicated to the health and wellness of our communities through giving and volunteerism. Thank you to all the members from each region for your hard work, devotion and tireless efforts. With your support, we partnered with numerous organizations to benefit those less fortunate around us.
We’ve already accomplished the following:
- Eleven dinner services were performed for the Ronald McDonald House of CT volunteer meal program
- On Feb. 2, the annual Souper Bowl event at the Groton Senior Center brought in 270 attendees and raised $5,800
- Since March, members volunteered for nine dinner events at the New London Homeless Hospitality Center
- On May 4, at the American Heart Association Greater New Haven heart walk, the NEMG team raised over $3,400 to support heart health
- As part of their school supplies drive, practices in the Greenwich region donated 31 backpacks, filled with pencils, notebooks, erasers and more, to students at Stillmeadow Elementary School in Stamford
- Over 500 coats and an ample assortment of hats, scarves, gloves, blankets and more were collected as part of NEMG’s annual coat drive
- On Nov. 20, food and warm clothing items were collected for those in need as part of the Great Thanksgiving project with the Bridgeport Rescue Mission
We also look forward to the results of our annual Toys for Tots drive, in partnership with the United States Marine Corps. With additional programs on the horizon, the Diversity and Inclusion Council and the COC will continue to carry out our mission to help the communities we serve. If you are interested in joining the council, please contact Robert Mitchell at [email protected].
As we end the year on a high note, be on the lookout for more information about our 2020 priorities in upcoming newsletters. My gratitude to you all for your diligent work and dedication to excellence in patient care and enhancing the care of the communities we serve.
Best wishes for Holiday Holidays and a healthy and prosperous new year,
||Prathibha Varkey, MBBS, MPH, MHPE, MBA
President and Chief Executive Officer
Northeast Medical Group