CEO Message: April 2019
Hope you are all doing well.
My gratitude to each of you who attended the recent NEMG Employee Town Hall meetings. It was a wonderful opportunity to share more about what is happening at NEMG and to hear your ideas, and I would like to thank all of our presenters for their informative updates.
April 1 marked the ninth year of NEMG and, as we continue to grow, focusing on our work environment and our health becomes even more critical to our success, even as we contribute to taking care of our communities. Aligned with that emphasis, I would like to touch on the importance of three Fiscal Year 2019 priorities focused on maintaining the health and well-being of our employee population:
Increasing the number of appropriate annual physical examinations with your primary care providers
- The livingwellCARES program
- The Know Your Numbers Plus initiative
As you know, an annual check-in with your primary care provider is a good practice towards preventive health maintenance. An annual visit allows employees and dependents enrolled in our YNHHS medical benefit to connect with their clinicians. Additional objectives accomplished from this appointment include:
- Identification of gender and age-specific screenings
- Indications for vaccines
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic conditions
- Promotion of healthy habits
- Detection of social determinants of health
The livingwellCARES program is available to all YNHHS employees and their adult dependents currently covered under our YNHHS benefit plan. Working with a nurse care coordinator and/or a health coach, employees are supported with self-care measures, using a holistic approach, to help coordinate care across the continuum, building autonomy and accountability. The program addresses barriers to behavior change and lifestyle modifications, collaborates with health care providers, educates participants on appropriate utilization patterns and increases access to internal resources. Additionally, enrolled employees will receive reduced or waived co-pays on certain medications and supplies.
The Know Your Numbers Plus initiative is YNHHS’ employee wellness incentive program. Participation in health-promoting activities, not only rewards employees with better health, but offers them the opportunity to earn up to $500 credit toward their 2020 YNHHS medical premium. New features and incentives (toward the maximum $500 credit) for this year include the following:
- An online tool and education to help build your resiliency. Completion earns a $150 credit.
- Earn a $50 early participation credit for completing your health screening and the resiliency tool and education by July 12, 2019.
- An annual physical by a PCP or a woman’s annual Gynecology visit earns a $150 credit.
- The RedBrick app. This feature can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play and allows you to access onsite screening schedules, complete the resiliency tool and education, self-report preventive exams and physical activity and track your rewards.
Thank you all for your diligent work and dedication to providing our patients with the most exceptional experience possible.
||Prathibha Varkey, MBBS, MPH, MHPE, MBA
President and Chief Executive Officer
Northeast Medical Group