Personal Information Policy
At Yale New Haven Health Services Corporation, we are proud of the precautions we take to safeguard the personal and confidential information that comes into our possession against improper disclosure to or misuse by third parties.
- Comply with all applicable laws and rules regulating the disclosure of personal information.
- Use personal information only within the scope of our business matters.
- Use and disclose Social Security numbers only after determining who has a "need to know" them, and limit access to those persons and as permitted by applicable law.
- Protect the confidentiality of Social Security numbers that we might need to know, and prohibit their unlawful disclosure.
- Maintain our computer systems, paper files, and office locations in secure environments and restrict access to them.
- Destroy, shred, erase, or make unreadable personal data contained in documents and computer files before disposal.
We will not
- Share or collect the personal data of our employees, except as warranted by our responsibilities as an employer and as permitted by applicable law.
- Share or collect personal data of other persons, except as appropriate to conduct our business in accordance with applicable law.
- Sell or rent personal data to third parties.
This Web site is used to support our vision of a healthcare organization responsive to its community. As such, the information presented is dedicated to making each individual and the community as a whole healthier. It is this vision that guides our development of Yale New Haven Health Web sites.
Unless otherwise noted, Yale New Haven Health Services Corporation can be considered the author of the content appearing on this site. Funding of Yale New Haven Health Services Web sites is provided solely by Yale New Haven Health Services.
This site is intended for communication of health information with broad appeal to the general public, Northeast Medical Group patients and other health care consumers. Authors of content work with the site's editor to ensure the content supports the health system’s vision guiding site development.
The information conveyed on this site is intended to supplement a person's general knowledge and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. Site visitors are advised to seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues and consult a physician before starting a new fitness regimen.
Written permission has been obtained from the copyright holder to post any information or graphic material for which Yale New Haven Health Services does not possess copyright or a license to use.
All clinical material is prepared in a format suitable for the general health care consumer. Clinical material that is educational in nature and highlights the services available at Northeast Medical Group Practices will be posted. Specific diagnostic and treatment advice is generally not included.
The site maintains policies concerning the use of information gathered from site visitors. For more information, see our Notice of Privacy Practices and Personal Information Policy
False Claims and Payment Fraud
This health system is committed to providing information about the federal False Claims Act; about our efforts to combat fraud, waste and abuse; and about the remedies and fines for violations that can result from fraud. For more information, see our False Claims and Payment Fraud Prevention Policy.
This site strives to be accessible to as many of its identified target audience as feasible within the site's financial constraints.
Where appropriate, links are provided on this site to material outside of Northeast Medical Group’s control. In general, the organizations to which we link are nonprofit or governmental organizations. Commercial sites are linked when similar resources are not available elsewhere. Northeast Medical Group includes such links for the convenience of the user, but does not control or take responsibility for their content.
This site does not accept advertising.
We offer email contact points where possible to foster ease of site use and two-way communication. We attempt to provide a response within 10 business days upon receipt.
Notice of Privacy Practices
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
Yale New Haven Health System Supply Chain Management staff is focused on working with vendors to deliver high-quality supplies, services and equipment, at the lowest total cost. Learn more about our vendor policy.
Yale New Haven Health Nondiscrimination Statement
Yale New Haven Health provides assistance to patients and caregivers in these languages.