About Your Child's First Visit
Prior to the first visit, please provide us with:
- Demographic and insurance information.
- Copies of past hospital, medical, and immunization records.
- Current list of medical problems, medicines and specialists currently providing care.
- Complete a family history form that you can obtain from our office.
At the visit:
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the appointment to complete necessary paperwork.
- Bring a copy of your insurance card for our records.
After the visit:
- Continue to send medical records, if your child is treated at another location by surgeons, specialists and hospital emergency rooms.
Scheduled Physical Examinations
We recommend bringing your child in for routine visits as directed by your pediatrician's office to ensure his or her wellness. Please schedule your child’s next physical as you leave the office from the previous physical. Also, please confirm with your insurance carrier the number of well-child visits covered.
Below is a recommended list of well-child visits.
- 3 to 5 days after birth (if no post-partum visit at the hospital)
- 2 weeks*
- 1 month
- 2 months
- 3 months**
- 4 months
- 6 months
- 9 months
- 12 months
- 15 months
- 18 months
- 24 months
- 30 months
- 36 months
After 3 years old
*Healthy infant first visit timing may vary.
**Optional and dependent on physician recommendation.