To our patients and families from the clinicians and staff
of Northeast Medical Group
As we face unprecedented times together, our top priority is ensuring your health and safety. We sincerely hope you and your loved ones are staying well. Please know that we are still open and here for you. Across Connecticut, New York and Rhode Island, we remain ready to provide you with the care you need, when you need it. In this fluctuating environment, we have changed many of the ways we deliver care.
During the past two months, many of our sites temporarily converted to providing virtual visits only, by video or telephone. Since mid-March, our clinicians have conducted over 80,000 visits with our patients via video and telephone. While these virtual visits will continue to be available, we are pleased to let you know we’ll be reopening our offices on or around June 1 to see you in person. We are in the process of thoughtfully, carefully and safely resuming in-person office visits for patients.
Your safety remains our top priority
We have implemented the following additional safety and sanitization measures according to evidence-based guidelines:
- Enhanced infection control standards including the thorough disinfection of treatment rooms between patients.
- Preemptive screenings – All patients will be screened twice prior to coming into our offices, both with a series of questions by phone within 48 hours of your appointment and upon arrival. In addition, patients will have temperatures taken upon arrival.
- Continued social distancing practices – Waiting rooms have been fitted with Plexiglass screens and are marked to promote physical distancing in the office. Signage has been added to remind all patients and staff to maintain physical distancing. We are also reducing the number of clinicians and staff at any one site for a period of time.
- Patients will be asked to wear a mask to their appointment. We encourage you to wear your own mask (cloth masks are acceptable). If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you. Staff and clinicians will also wear masks during any encounters with patients.
- Appointment frequency is being limited - We are spacing out appointments to two per hour and extending office hours to ensure our ability to clean rooms and promote physical distancing.
Together, we will get through this
While we have continued to see patients in person for urgent needs throughout this period, we are proceeding stepwise to schedule visits for more routine care as well as elective procedures in the coming weeks. We will also continue see patients via video to ensure that we best accommodate your needs and to ensure we are serving all of our patients. Our guiding principle is ensuring the safety of our patients, our staff and our clinicians.
With specific questions or concerns, please contact us at your practice site, where we are answering phone messages, adjusting schedules, refilling prescriptions, etc. We want you to feel confident and comfortable visiting our office for your upcoming appointments.