NEMG initiates APC Council
Kathleen Bonaventura, DNP, APRN-BC, and Kelly Radecki APRN-BC, recently spearheaded the creation of the Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) Council at Northeast Medical Group. Each region that NEMG serves will have a council to represent the various primary and specialty care areas APCs work in.
“There is a growing demand to provide access to quality healthcare and advance population health goals in a cost-effective manner,” said Bonaventura. “Using APCs to their fullest scope of practice and the top of their licenses will help achieve those goals.”
APC Council objectives include:
- Advancing and optimizing the role of APCs throughout NEMG
- Developing marketing initiatives to increase knowledge, use and recognition of APCs
- Improving patient access to quality care
- Fostering professional growth
- Engaging APCs to advance NEMG’s strategic goals
- Developing processes for new APC mentorship
- Promoting communication throughout the various NEMG regions
To join the council please contact [email protected]. Meetings will be held monthly in each region, on Wednesday or Thursday evenings.