CEO Message: October 2018
I hope you enjoyed your summer and cherished time with friends and family.
October 1 marked the start of our new Fiscal Year, FY 2019. My many thanks to all of you for your dedication, expertise and collaboration to make this past Fiscal Year a great one for NEMG. So much was accomplished as a result of your hard work and commitment to excellence. Here are some of the highlights from FY 2018:
- Our outpatient satisfaction score improved to 96.7, placing NEMG in the 94th percentile nationally.
- Population-based quality initiatives were successfully implemented to enhance Annual Wellness Visits, diabetic eye exams, transitions of care and depression screening for our patients.
- For FY 19, our priorities will include a focused approach on enhancing patient engagement in our hospitalist practices.
- As a medical group, we saw 1.4 million patient encounters across NEMG.
- Over 2,700 appointments were booked online via ZocDoc; 50% higher than FY 2017.
- We enriched access for our patients with third to next available appointment at less than six days.
- In FY 19 we will continue to enhance access particularly focusing on better ways to serve our patients.
- NEMG brought in 84 physicians and 66 advanced practice clinicians (APCs) in FY 18.
- Richard Goldstein, MD joined NEMG as the new chief medical officer, and Craig Thorne, MD joined NEMG as the new chief medical director of occupational health for YNHHS.
- 99 Hawley Lane - For better coordination of teamwork and to greater serve our growing medical group, we moved our administrative offices to a larger space on the first floor of 99 Hawley Lane.
- Rye Brook Multispecialty Center – This new 15,000 square foot location offers walk-in care, pediatrics, family medicine and blood draw to the community of Rye Brook, NY.
- We’re opening a new 6,500 square foot multispecialty clinic in Westport, at 327 Riverside Avenue, on October 30. It will house primary care, endocrinology, cardiology, gastroenterology as well as a blood draw station.
July 23 ribbon cutting at the NEMG Rye Brook Multispecialty Center
- We held over a dozen activities and drives this past year serving our communities.
- Health Fair – On June 2, we held the first ever NEMG community health fair to raise awareness of preventive health care and the specialty services we provide.
- If you’re interested in joining the community outreach committee, please contact Robert Mitchell, 203-384-5109.
2018 NEMG community health fair volunteers
Thank you for all you do for our patients and NEMG. I am proud to work with such a dedicated and outstanding team.
||Prathibha Varkey, MBBS, MPH, MHPE, MBA
President and Chief Executive Officer
Northeast Medical Group