Sparq Center for Health Innovation to hold first Pitch-Off event
The Sparq Center for Health Innovation is holding its first Pitch-Off Event during the 2018 Safety, Quality and Experience Conference on Thursday, May 31, at the Oakdale Theatre in Wallingford, CT.
Staff, clinicians, researchers, faculty and student teams of Yale New Haven Health or Yale University are invited to submit proposals that have the potential to reshape the healthcare experience through medical devices, drug delivery, diagnostics and digital health technology. Project(s) selected during the Pitch-Off may be awarded cash funding.
Selected proposals and teams will be invited to share their healthcare innovation at a Pitch-Off Event before a panel of independent judges during the 2018 Safety, Quality and Experience Conference on May 31. Pitches and teams who are deemed best in class may be awarded funding to advance their project.
Applications will be screened for completeness and basic eligibility requirements before review by an independent group. Final decisions on applicants who will be moving forward will be made by third-party reviewers and will be communicated to applicants in advance of the Pitch-Off Event on May 31. The intellectual property practices or guidelines of each respective institution will apply to employed awardees.
A single PDF must be submitted that follows the format and page limits detailed on the Sparq website at: https://www.ynhhs.org/about/innovation-initiatives/sparq/call-for-proposals/overview.aspx. Proposals are due May 15 and finalists will be notified by May 25.
For Yale New Haven Health and Yale Medicine staff:
- Proposals must be submitted electronically to System Performance Management via this link:
Submit your Sparq proposal
- On top left of webpage, select new submission.
- Type in title, select organization via drop down list, and select the "Sparq Proposal" category via drop-down list.
- Enter Primary Team Member's email only. It does not accept additional emails.
- Browse to attach your PDF, then hit save.
- You will be notified via email of submission and separately whether your proposal has been selected for the Pitch-Off.
- If you need to edit/re-submit your submission, go to the link above and choose the Edit feature.
For Yale University staff without Epic EMR credentials:
This program is being piloted during its first year. During the pilot phase, eligibility is limited to employees or students of either Yale New Haven Health or Yale University. We recognize, however, that our community physicians have significant, innovative solutions that may present collaboration or partnership opportunities. To be considered for collaboration, please contact [email protected] or [email protected].
If you have questions about the Pitch-Off or the submission process, e-mail [email protected].