COVID-19 commands constant vigilance
I hope you are all doing well.
Thanks to all of you who attended the NEMG All Clinicians Forum on Wednesday, March 4, 2020. We had an excellent turnout of over 350 people, and I would like to thank each of our presenters for their informative contributions.
March 30 is National Doctors’ Day. Thank you to all of our doctors for all you do to provide high-quality, patient-centered care and advance science and medical education.
Importantly for this month, and over the weeks to come, the COVID-19 (“novel” coronavirus) outbreak will need our special attention. YNHHS has established an Incident Command Center to coordinate efforts at all hospitals and ambulatory sites.
As an organization, our greatest defense comes from our frontline clinicians and staff, and we will be most successful by working together and sharing the same messages. On that thought, I encourage you to review the following precautions to help ensure your well-being and safety:
- Wash your hands often.
- Refrain from touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects or surfaces.
- Stay home if you are ill.
- Face masks are not recommended for healthy people to avoid respiratory viruses including COVID-19.
- Face masks are recommended for those that are sick, coughing or have a fever when visiting a hospital or doctor’s office.
For more information about COVID-19, please visit the following resources:
Please visit the intranet for the most up-to-date information.
Thank you all for your diligent work and dedication to providing our patients with the most exceptional experience possible.
||Prathibha Varkey, MBBS, MPH, MHPE, MBA
President and Chief Executive Officer
Northeast Medical Group