CEO Message: March 2019
Hope you are all doing well.
It has been a busy year for community outreach activities in FY19. The Diversity and Inclusion Council and the Community Outreach Committee (COC) has remained dedicated to the health and wellness of our communities through giving and volunteerism. Thank you to all the members from each region for your hard work, devotion and tireless efforts. With your support, we partnered with numerous organizations to benefit those less fortunate around us.
We’ve already accomplished the following:
- On Nov. 14, food and warm clothing items were collected for those in need as part of the Great Thanksgiving project with the Bridgeport Rescue Mission
- From Oct. 29 to Dec. 3, NEMG's Toys for Tots drive collected 2,400 new, unwrapped toys for the United States Marine Corps
- Over 400 new, unwrapped toys were donated, from Dec. 3 to Dec. 21, to Safe Futures of New London
- On Feb. 2, the Annual Souper Bowl event at the Groton Senior Center brought in 270 attendees and raised $5,800
- Since October, six dinner services have been performed for the Ronald McDonald House of CT volunteer meal program
We also have numerous initiatives still to come, including:
- The New London Homeless Hospitality meal program on Saturday, March 30
- "Expanding the Rainbow": An LGBTQIA+ patient care forum at the end of April
- The American Heart Association Greater New Haven heart walk on Saturday, May 4
- NEMG's Mental Health Symposium on Saturday, May 4
- NEMG's health fair on Saturday, June 1
With additional programs on the horizon, the Diversity and Inclusion Council and the COC will continue to carry out our mission to help the communities we serve. If you are interested in joining the council, please contact Robert Mitchell at [email protected]. Watch out for more information on upcoming initiatives for the remainder of 2019!
March 30 is National Doctor’s Day. Thank you to all of our doctors for all you do to provide high-quality, patient-centered care and advance science and medical education. In recognition of this day, please remember to give your doctor a hug!
My appreciation to you all for your diligent work and dedication to excellence in patient care and enhancing the care of the communities we serve.
||Prathibha Varkey, MBBS, MPH, MHPE, MBA
President and Chief Executive Officer
Northeast Medical Group