Podiatry at Park Avenue completes Lean Process Improvement initiative
(l-r) Krista Giacopassi, practice optimization manager, Claudia Sammartano, practice optimization specialist, Dr. Ceasar Irby, Adel St. Rose, practice supervisor, Dr. Arnold Zuckman, Tremayne Williams, MA, Jessica Tottenham, practice operations manager, Robin Dattolo, MA, and Myrna O’Neill, MA.
Podiatry at Park Avenue in Trumbull was the first Podiatry practice to complete the Lean Process Improvement initiative. In June 2017, the offices of Dr. Irby and Dr. Zuckman were consolidated into one practice, which made the office a good candidate for a process improvement project. The project focused on improving optimization and practice operations; standardizing workflows; and realigning staff roles and responsibility to include the best practice of one-to-one MA to provider ratio. During the optimization process, the following improvements were implemented:
- In-office x-ray results interfacing into Epic aligned with our best practice workflow. Previously, the results were not interfaced and images were viewed on a portal.
- Appointment Notes on the provider schedule was used for Huddles.
- Streamlined check-in process and discontinued printing unnecessary paperwork.
- Implemented Virtual Scribe for clinicians.
- Identified a streamlined surgical booking process.
- Re-organized workplace equipment layout to improve workflow efficiency.
“This process has brought in structure and standardized workflows that have reduced chaos and disorganization,” said practice supervisor Adele St. Rose. Jessica Tottenham, practice operations manager, said, “This process has reinforced teamwork within the podiatry practice and given the staff support and confidence to do their jobs effectively every day.”